Thursday, October 20, 2011

Masculine and Feminine Birthday Cards

I made these cards over the weekend and still don't think the male card is "finished..."  if anyone has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated! 

The first one is more feminine.  Before I cut the circle out for the anniversary card for my inlaws, I thought I would go ahead and emboss the paper.  I then used a piece of paper on my Cricut mat the size I wanted to make another card, so that I could utilize the scraps.  So, one cut, and I was able to make two cards.  Using the postive and negative images.  So with this little window, I put some pink plain background paper and then used the same paper and embossed some presents with some stamps that I had in my stash.  I cut them out by hand and pop-dotted them, and colored in a few areas with a ink shimmer pen.  I used a piece of ribbon and added some doodling - and the sentiment is hand-written.  The inside says "aare made to come true." 




The next card I am not totally like the whole idea....  help?  I wanted to make a masculine card...  I designed the card on my Gypsy with the rounded rectangle and then glued the patterned paper and a plain piece of lined notbook paper on it.  I cut the scallop with PS.  Some doodling and Staples... staples are masculine, right?  Then I used a simple swirl stamp that was in my stash and embossed over some chipboard letters after I had inked them with some green chalk ink.  "Hb"  = Happy Birthday??  THe sentiment is hand-written.  But, I'm not happy with it...  any suggestions?



Thank you for looking!
Mary


1 comment:

  1. I love both cards. There is so much detail on those fun, feminine presents. The masculine card is perfect...honestly, looks like it would be right at home on the pages of the cricut magazine. Needs nothing. I love both of these. Super creative and fun.

    ReplyDelete