Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 A New Year + What's in a name?

After taking a month (plus some) off from blogging entirely, I have come to the realization of a few things. 

I miss blogging.  I longed to blog what I had created, but alas, didn't have the time, and in some cases just didn't make the time, and sent something, mailed something, gave it away to whomever it was made for without taking a picture, or anything like that.  I need to take a minute snap a picture and post it.

I never was totally sold on the name: "Mary's Crafty Scraps."  I have always like the name "Clover Rose Creations."  For several reasons; I wanted a name for my blog that was me, to the core, and not just something I came up with at the last minute, but also wanted something creative.  "Clover" comes from my father, who is Irish, and my mother's name is Rosemary, hence the "Rose."  I am their creation, and I love to create things.  My Mama wasn't to keen on the name at first, but I must say that I have been hooked on that name, and have pondered on it for some time now.  As 2012 begins, I am beginning a new chapter in my life and beginning a new year with so many personal goals in mind geared towards my hobby and love of creating things.  More to come on those goals later!  Sorry Mama, but "Clover Rose Creations" has officially begun!  It's a catchy name, flows from the tongue freely, and I love how it also describes me.

I love paper crafting.  I love trying new things, and pushing myself out of my confort zone when I create.  I am a person who usually plays it safe for fear of failure, ok, not usually, I just am, almost always.  But I have come to the realization that I have to like what I create, and if someone else just happens to like it, I am flattered beyond words. 

Cheers, blogging friends!  Cheers to a new year full of new opportunities, love and happiness!

Happy Crafting!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment