Thursday, April 7, 2011

8x8 Journal

I had 2 whole hours in my craft room last night, and I must say, it felt so good!  On one hand it was good to get back in there, on the other hand, I wish I didn't have a set list of things I had to get done.  But nonetheless, I finished up some projects I was working on, and that feels good!

The first journal, I made for Karen, a lady that I work with.  She wanted a larger journal, so I made an 8x8 journal for her.  The funny thing is that she said she wanted purples, but didn't know what.  So I told her I would bring in some of my papers for her to look at. When she saw this blue paper with the green flourish and little flowers, she said she wanted to use that.  So much for purple!  The base of this one is yellow cardstock,  with her paper cut a little smaller.  Her name is from Cindy Lou, welded, and then another version cut slightly larger for a little shadow effect.  "Private Thoughts" was also cut from CL, but without the designs in it.  I also welded a little "s" shaped swril in the "K" of her name to give the first letter a little something extra.  I then inked her name with a little lime green.  The green flourish on the top right was cut from SYI.  I then used the negative of the flourish to add an extra piece on.  The flowers were cut from Lyrical Letters and Plantin Schoolbook and I added a little bling to the centers of the flowers.  I couldn't find the exact paper I wanted to use for the flowers, so I made my own.  I took a yellow piece of paper and light green and orange marker and made a plaid pattern with them.  THen I took a red pen and made swirls all over the paper then cut out the flowes.  I wanted to utilize all the colors in the paper she picked out!  On the inside, I used a little more of the same yellow and made a pocket for her to slide little notes in. 

Thanks for looking!
Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment