Monday, April 11, 2011

WHAT A SUNDAY.. AND I TRIED SOMETHING NEW! :o)

I was all grins yesterday, and can't help but grinning today!  My hubby went fishing for the day with his dad and I, I had the whole day to myself in my dear old craft room!  I did do some cleaning and laundry, and all the kind of fun stuff, but for the most part, I crafted!  How exciting!  It was wonderful!  So, I made quite a few things!  The only thing I do not have done yet, but still working on, are some of those wooden letters that I am decorating for my hubby's niece.  She said she wanted her name in letters on her wall in her bedroom.  Lydia, the niece, is a cheerleader and all that kind of stuff, so I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do exactly. 

Oh well, onward!  I am so thrilled that I did all of these, and had so much fun!  Listening to some Dean Martin, while my "babies" slept at my feet, was a great way to spend the day!  So here goes: Unless otherwise noted, all of these were made with scrap paper!  Trying to use those up!  :o)

I used the Just Because Cards cartridge for the corn stalks and  and the negative of the word "summer" from Stretch Your Imagination to stencil on the word.  The Tomato wired ribbon I bought from a Michaels dollar ribbon bin last year.  I had not used it yet, and thought this was the perfect fit for it.  On the inside, I didn't take a picture, but I used the negative of the corn stalks to paint with water color a corn stalk on the inside, to match the background paper.









I bought the birdhouse and bird stamps, and little birdies from a dollar bin at Joann's last weekend.  I loved the little birdies, and what the birdhouse said.  The yellow frame scalloped cut is from Just Because, ran a red ribbon through it, and hand wrote the sentiment.






This was a fun card to make.  The flourish is from Cindy Lou, and the the "Hello" was another dollar stamp from Joann's!  (I love dollar bins!)  The button is actually hand sewn through the paper with floss.  The inside of this card I ran through my sewing machine to punch the holes for the stitching.  That is hand sewn as well with more floss!  The trailing off of stitching and the curve was intentional!  I was already asked if I didn't know how to work a sewing machine.  While I am not a pro by any means, it was intentional!  :o)








I love this one!  Inspired by a trip to none other than Tractor Supply! (Go figure!)  My husband and I went there two weeks ago(that's how long I had this duck in my head!  They had baby ducks and chicks for sale along with some baby rabbits!  I was just in love with these ducks!  They were so stinking cute!  :o)  I totally wanted one!  I didn't think I had a duck at all in my selection of cartridges, but alas, I did!  Good 'ol Just Because cards!  (THANKS MAMA!)  Lots of layering and hand stitching on this one.  Some pop dots, and a little sign!  The inside (below) says "...a Ducky Easter."  I am in love with this duck! 





This was fun card to make!  This is where I used to positive of the word "summer" from SYI for the front.  The glass of lemonade is from Just Because Cards, and I used my edge punch!  The inside, once again I used the negative and stenciled the word "summer" on the inside and wrote "HAPPY" above it.



This is a first for me!  I am super excited about this new technique (to me anyways)!  This was trial #1.  Totally made of non-matching scraps to see how this would work!  The stamping is all off, and not very pretty, the papers, are not my favorite, but sometimes you just have to try something new!  This is a window slide card.  I do not remember exactly where I saw this, but have been lurking around online to try to find some inspiration and saw this several months ago, drew a sketch of it, found my sketch yesterday and thought, why not?  It's a little difficult to put this together, and make sure things stay where they need to stay, and everything works.  If you pull on the tag, which this one is very flimsy it reveals a surprise!  The stamp on the inside is another one from the dollar bin at Joann's.  It's like a window shade, kind of?  I don't really know what this is called...  if you do, please let me know!  :o)  So after this one, which took a lot of trial and error I thought I'd make another one, that would be a little prettier than this one!




Here is my "real one."  The tag is cut from Plantin Schoolbook, layered twice, and reinforced.  There are probably four layers in the tag to give it stability and better function.  The tree is from SYI (I do believe), the little birds, branches and sentiment is cut from Wild Card, while the sun is hand cut.  The inside (didn't take a picture) is just the negative again of the birds and branches in coordinating colors.




Thank you so much for looking at what I have created!  Taking the time to look and possibly even commenting means the world to me.  I could not do what I do without your sources of inspiration, and that is what all of you are to me!  I hope you like what I have done!

Thank you again!
Mary

P.S.  When is hubby going fishing next!  I have my mojo back!  :o)

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! You sure were a busy little bee!! Wish I had been there with you! Great job on all of these! The cornstalks are my fav!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job:) I love them.

    ReplyDelete