Monday, April 25, 2011

LENOX, FENTON GLASS, INSPIRED ROMEO AND JULIET

A gentleman that I work with asked me to make his wife a Birthday card.  I asked him what she liked, flowers, or anything like that!  He said, Nascar, baseball, and a couple of other things.  Then he mentioned Fenton Glass, by Lenox, every year he buys her one.  I asked him what that was and he took me to their website and showed me the following pictures.  Romeo is the green little piggy and Juliet is the pink little piggy!  I thought these little guys were too cute!

So that was my inspiration and I took it from there...  I hope she likes it, and I hope he does too!  :o)  The piggies are cut from Just Because Cards, the hearts and grass are from Plantin Schoolbook; the balloons are scraps that I already had cut out and added them to the little pig's tails; the banner is hand cut, and hand written.  The candle is a Cuddlebug die cut, and from the same die cut, I used the "Make A Wish" for the sentiment on the inside.  There is quite a bit of doodling to make the little piggies complete. 

As always, THANK YOU for taking the time to look at what I have created!  It means a lot to me!
Mary


Close up of Juliet.

Close up of Romeo.

1 comment:

  1. Well, your sweet piggy cards are just darling. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for becoming a follower. I truly appreciate each.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete