Friday, May 27, 2011

Congratulations/Happy Retirement!

I made this from the department I work in for a gentleman that retired today after 50 years in radio... 50 YEARS!!! What an accomplishment in any industry, much less in the media/radio industry! For this sweet, gentle soul, I decided to make a sweet simple card for him, once again, all made from pieces from my scrap bin!  I was clueless as to what to do with this card, so it was a comedy of this, this, and ooo this! (That's what was going on in my head)!  The Fleur De Lis is from Gypsy Wanderings and I cut an accent shaddow piece for it (in the blue).  I also used my fleur de lis edge punch and voila!  I used my Martha Stewart cirle cutter to cut a window into the front, rub-ons for the "Celebrate" and then also for the "Congratualtions" on the inside which you can't see in the pictures, a little inking and doodling.  Our department sure is going to miss him, he was a delightful man!

Thank you for taking the time to look!
Mary


1 comment:

  1. I do that sometimes too when I'm trying to create something.... I guess that's why I end up taking longer cause I'm always saying oh... add this, ohhh... add that.... LOL CUTE CARD! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete