Thursday, May 19, 2011

CELEBRATE - Quilled Balloons

I made a Birthday card for someone I work with who is very dear to me!  She is quite the girly girl and is an all-around wonderful person.  I wanted to make a card for her that was girly, yet fun for her Birthday!

I am still trying to sharpen my quilling skills and just keep trying basic shapes/techniques while playing with different lengths of paper.  I decided that I wanted to make her a bunch of ballons, but instear of cutting them out with my Cricut I would give a try at quilling them to add some dimention to the card! 

The best part is, other than the base of the card, this is once again, all made from scraps!  I used several different fonts from the follosing cartridges, Lyrical Letters, Plantin Schoolbook, CindyLou; altering their sizes and stretching them a bit here and there, as well as adding a simple square behind the "C" and welding all of that together.  I used floss for the strings on the balloons, and then accented the ballon (can't really tell that well in the picture) with some glitter pens of the same color rubbed ofer the ballons.  You can see it a little bit, but not much.  I used  a pink brad to fasten them all together,doodled a bit, and then the inside has a simple "happy birthday" stamp in hot pink to match.

As always, thank you for looking!
Mary


4 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! I've never tried quilling--it looks tough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card. so creative. Thanks for sharing

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Please stop by my blog, I have an award for you. scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsers! So glad I found you on the Cricut MB!! I'm now a follower and looking forward to seeing what else you come up w/. This card is gorgeous!!! Your quilling is beautiful and I also love the word "Celebrate". Very cute!! :-)

    ReplyDelete